Thursday, June 30, 2011

THE IRONY OF SUBURBAN LIVING

I just had to post this after my somewhat touchy-feely post on home earlier: I went for a run this evening and got lost in my own subdivision. I've lived here for almost fifteen years, but I guess that's not enough to be able to find my way home if I make a wrong turn. The subdivision did its best impression of a medina, with every street seeming to turn onto itself and no indication of a way out of the maze to be found. Given that there are only about four models of home on display in my subdivision landmarks were in short supply. I eventually found my way back to the main road and went straight back to my house, but it was touch and go for a few minutes there. Home: it's where you go to end up lost, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment